Monday, May 19, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies


       Just want to start this post with a very important note.  Commenting in the past has not worked according to my loyal readers. (Thanks for the efforts on commenting, though!)  I believe I have fixed this problem! So, please, comment way!  I love reading your comments and replying!



    Hi there, everyone!  I am so excited to share with you this great chocolate chip cookie recipe....so delicious!

     Lately I've been trying things with eggs.  (Used to be allergic.)  These cookies were something that caught my eye.  They are so crispy on the outside, yet soft in the inside.   That's something very important for a cookie to have, if you ask me.


     Serve them up and they'll be gone before you know it, so be careful.  As I am writing, I figure out some cookies are missing....hmmm.  I recommend hiding some for you to ensure you can eat some.  (Yes, they're that good!)

     I like customizing my chocolate chip cookies.  White chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate pair well together, by the way.  Add your dried fruit and chocolate...these cookies love them mixed in!

   Enjoy these cookies while they last, everyone!



(Makes about two dozen cookies.)
Ingredients
2 and 1/8 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
12 tablespoons Butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 large Egg
1 large Egg Yolk
2 teaspoons Vanilla
Semisweet, Dark, Milk, or White Chocolate Chips to your liking
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugars (granulated and brown) together.  Stir in the egg yolk, egg, and vanilla.  Mix until the mixture is mixed well together.  Add in chocolate and dry ingredients at the same time.  Mix well.
Use a heaping tablespoon of dough to measure out cookies.  Place on a cookie sheet. (Make sure there is plenty of room for the cookies to bake.  They expand!)  Give a slight(very slight) pat on each cookie dough piece.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minute.  The cookies may feel too soft in the oven, but when they are cooled, they harden a bit.
Enjoy!

Recipe Source- Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I love to read comments. I will get back to you as soon as possible.