Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Three Things to do with Nail Polish


   Oh!  The wonders of nail polish!  So many ideas and possibilities.  I was just adding some pins to my new Pinterest account when I came across endless options of things to do with nail polish....and no, it was not anything to do  with actually painting your nails.  

    I have always enjoyed nail polish crafts ever since I came across nail polish stones last summer.  My friends and I were addicted.  We kept making them and making them and making them....you get the point: nail polish crafts rock!   So when I had a sudden craving for crafts, I went back to the memories made last summer, and there I had it....solutions to my crafty craving.  

   So, today I have for you three, easy, simple, fun nail polish crafts.   Grab your nail polish and let's go!  

1.  Nail Polish Stones-  Grab some clear glass stones and nail polish.  On the flat(not domed) side of the stone , paint your masterpiece.  Glitter?  Oh yeah!  Paint a coat of glitter first, then an opaque coat of nail polish.  Want that crackle look?  Add a clear coat.  Then, then the crackle.   Finally, the opaque coat.  You can also marble the stones using water marbling.  

2.  Rainbow Bobby Pins-
Choose your favorite colors of nail polish and paint on!  Let dry, and you've got colorful hairpieces!  

3.  Pop of Polish Ball Chain Necklaces-
Fun!  Cut some ball chain to fit around your neck size.  I like to double, so I can loop around my neck.  Tape both sides.  Paint ball chain one or more colors of nail polish.  Let dry.  Fasten.  Wear! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I love to read comments. I will get back to you as soon as possible.